Once again, I have no picture but this was pretty. I usually don't think fudge is all that nice looking either. This recipe is my own creation and it turns out that even though I usually think fudge is too rich for my taste, I happily popped a couple of these bad boys in my mouth. Many years ago I created the peanut butter part for a friend of mine, Michelle, who was mildly obsessed with peanut butter desserts. I recently adapted it for my dad, who loves the chocolate-peanut butter duo. I warn you: this is not a low-fat dessert, no sir.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter (don't use margarine, and unsalted butter when you're cooking or baking usually best)
3 cups sugar
1/3 cup dry milk
1/2 cup water
1 10oz bag Reese's peanut butter chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup mini Reese's Pieces baking candies
Directions:
On medium heat, and in a medium pot, start melting your butter while you're whisking your dry milk and water in a separate small bowl (these quantities essentially make evaporated milk by the way). Add the milk mixture and sugar to the butter; mix well. STIR CONSTANTLY. I can't emphasize this enough. You do not want to scald or burn the base of your fudge. Stir, stir, stir until it finally comes to a steady boil and then keep stirring some more. Let it boil for 4-4 1/2 minutes; that's about the optimum time for the consistency in this fudge. Add your peanut butter chips, peanut butter, and marshmallow creme and stir, stir, stir until totally combined and creamy smooth. Poor into a well creased 9x9 baking pan (to make it REALLY simple, line the pan with aluminum foil and grease the heck outta that). While that's sitting, combine your milk chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream over low heat until combined and smooth. Gently poor over the peanut butter fudge and use a spoon to spread to the edges. Allow to cool 1 minute before topping with your candies. Pop in the fridge until it's completely chilled to make for very easy cutting.
0 comments:
Post a Comment