Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3, 2012 - In The Beginning...



Well this is it. This is our attempt to simultaneously stay connected to friends and family, and preserve our family history. Are we exciting enough to actually read about? Eh, probably not, but somewhere down the line, someone is going to appreciate it. Whether it be the boys that someday date my beautiful daughters hearing about baby stories, a family member or two with a vested interest in the happenings of our family, or even my husband or me looking back, it will prove useful. I'm not completely certain how this blog is going to shape up but like our life, I'm sure it will be an adventure. I'm aware that being the primary author of this blog, the things written may very well indicate more about me than anything I write. And with this charge, I hope I can provide accurate insight into the facts while offering my picturesque perspective of those facts. 

I should of course begin with a simple history. And being a brand new family, now is a good time to do that. Spencer and I met many years ago in college. We immediately became friends, a unique sort of friends. Our connection was profound; we found that we were fundamentally similar in our core characters. We remained friends, though distantly, through colleges, mission calls, and even a divorce. Then our lives came into coexistence again and it was like no time had passed. We dated, fell in love all over again and we married a few months ago on May 7th. I have two daughters, Chloe and Claire, and together with us, we make a family! Add that we are expecting another baby in mid-February and you'll have us pretty much up to date!

Our life is a beautifully simplistic one for the most part. We have a cute two bedroom apartment in Oceanside, California. Spencer works as an audio engineer at the La Costa Resort. I work from home doing accounting. We attend the LDS/Mormon church every week. Together we enjoy day trips (Sea World, the Zoo or Wild Animal Park, museums, etc), watching movies, playing games, spending time with the few close friends we have, going to theatre and concerts, eating good food, and generally having fun!

Another time, I'll do some bios on all of us, including our personal hobbies, but for now, we look forward to starting this journey of preserving our memories. 

Until next time,

Jenn

(PS- A special mention to Angel DeGuzman for bringing up the idea and inspiring me to start this blog.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to make the first comment on our blog so here it is. I love you baby!!!!

Spencer

Draper Duo said...

Despite having never met you (yet), I am a huge fan of blogs and I feel like this way I can somewhat get to know the woman my cousin fell in love with, plus keep tabs on him. You're welcome to blog stalk me as well if you want. Lots of fond memories with Eugene and Spencer from our childhood.
Kassie Draper - DraperDuo.blogspot.com

Post a Comment