Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 9, 2012 - In a Galaxy far, far away...

Well, folks, Spencer has just made a huge step into the "digital age" by getting a Smartphone. Today I surprised him with the phone that he has been researching anxiously for months. Currently being top of the line, the Samsung Galaxy SIII is not a phone Spence would buy on his own for himself. I happily did it for him, with minimal impact to our current plan (gotta love ShareEverything from Verizon!). I ordered it for him two days ago and could barely contain my excitement because when Spencer gets his hands on some awesome new piece of technology, one can see the word "GEEK" plastered on that adorable face of his. Today it came in and we went over to pick it up. I walked in and announced, "I'm Jenn and I'm here to pick up a Galaxy for my husband." I thought about what I had said and began to analyze it. In a way, that was precisely what I was doing. The technology that sits in our hands nowadays is absolutely incredible. It has the potential to open our lives to people, to information, to our entire world. 

Enough of that though. Right now I'm happy that he's so excited. We're sitting on the couch together and I keep hearing comments (spoken more to a galaxy than to me) like, "It's so sleek and thin and pretty!" and "Ooo, cool! It backs up my apps to my Google account!" And yes, he's texting me from across the couch. He doesn't even care right now that I'm posting a ginormous picture of him for the world to see and writing  an entire article just on him. That's how happy he is. And, well, call me a sucker, but I'd do anything to see that man smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment