Okay, I found a couple recipes with their accompanying pictures that I can post on here. This particular recipe was created because Spencer and I both LOOOOOOOVE Nutella. Who doesn't, right? Anyway, we did this impromptu dessert one night because I had left over eggroll wrappers and one ripe banana. Here goes:
Ingredients:
12 egg roll wrappers
1 banana, sliced into thirds and then quartered length-wise
3/4 cup creamy, delicious Nutella goodness
2-4 cups veggie oil, depending on the diameter of your pan (it should go half way up the egg rolls)
Directions:
Heat the oil in a pan (medium-high was perfect for me but stove-tops are often calibrated differently). Assemble your egg rolls: lay out your wrappers out, add a banana and tbsp of Nutella 3/4 toward a corner, fold the corner over, tuck your edges and keep rolling! The trick to containing a good egg roll is rolling it right! Seal the last corner with little oil to adhere it to the rest of the egg roll. Now that the oil is hot, stick one egg roll in the pan to test it out, cooking about 2 minutes on both sides. You want the wrapper crispy but not too brown. Adjust the temperature of your oil if necessary and cook the rest. I sprinkled just a little powdered sugar on them once they cooled off. The result was this spectacular dessert that we have made many times over. The banana is warm and slightly gooey and the Nutella just oozes into your mouth. SO amazing!
0 comments:
Post a Comment