Okay, okay, I should have taken a picture but I forgot. I wasn't thinking about posting the recipe when I did this. Next time I make this, I'll add the photo. However, rest assured that this recipe IS fantastic and easy and pretty idiot-proof. I made it for my dad's birthday party because it's one of his favorite meals. I've been making this particular version for quite some time now and it's been awesome every time.
Ingredients:
4-5 large carrots, halved and cut into approx. 3 in pieces
10-14 whole baby red potatoes
1 (about 4lbs) corned beef brisket with the spices (either already on the meat or in the separate pack)
4 cups water
1/2 - 3/4 head of cabbage, chopped
Directions:
Add the first four ingredients, in the order specified, to a crock pot. Cook on low 8 hours. Now I said this was easy, right? It is, so long as you're not an over-anxious novice; leave the lid on! Every time you lift that lid, you add almost 20 minutes longer to your cooking time and it'll start to dry out. Leave the lid on and you're golden. In the last half hour of cooking (7 1/2 hours in), add the cabbage. Don't add salt; it isn't necessary. The natural flavor of the meat and the peppercorns and bay leaves in the spices are plenty sufficient to make those potatoes and carrots really tasty. Plate it up all pretty, and you'll have one yummy pseudo-Irish meal with tender, sweet brisket and spectacularly flavored veggies!
0 comments:
Post a Comment